- December 2015: Wave 6 data released
- April 2016: Wave 7 fieldwork comments (second stage)
- June 2015: Wave 7 fieldwork comments (first stage)
- February 2015: Start of Growing Up in Australia's Child Health CheckPoint
- July/August 2014: Life at 9 documentary screens on ABC1
- March 2014: Wave 6 fieldwork commences (second stage)
- March 2014: Wave 5 data released
- November 2013: LSAC-LSIC conference
- August 2013: Wave 6 fieldwork commences (first stage).
- March 2013: Growing Up in Australia turns 10!
- October 2012: Two episodes of Life at 7 screens on ABC1.
- 2011-2012: Life at 7 documentary is produced by Heiress Films Productions and Screen Australia, in association with Screen NSW and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- November 2011: The LSAC-LSIC Research Conference is held in Melbourne.
- June 2011, March 2012: Wave 5 fieldwork commences in June 2011(first stage) and in March 2012 (second stage).
- February 2011: Two episodes of Life at 5 screens on ABC1.
- 2010: Life at 5 documentary is produced by Screen Australia conjunction with Heiress Flims.
- September 2010: Respondent focus groups with some study families, other families and teachers not involved in the study are conducted in Melbourne & Sydney.
- April 2010: Wave 3.5 data released.
- December 2009: The 2nd LSAC conference is held in Melbourne.
- August 2009, March 2010: Wave 4 fieldwork commences in August 2009 (first stage) and in March 2010 (second stage).
- August 2009: Wave 3 data released.
- June 2009: Wave 3.5 questionnaires distributed.
- October 2008: Life at 3 documentary is produced by Screen Australia in conjunction with Heiress Films and two episodes were screened on ABC TV.
- July 2007, April 2008: Wave 3 fieldwork commences in July 2007 (first stage) and in April 2008 (second stage).
- December 2007: The inaugural LSAC conference is held in Melbourne.
- August 2007, May 2008: Wave 2.5 questionnaires distributed in August 2007 and data released in May 2008.
- September 2007: Wave 2 data released.
- 2007: Life at 2 website launched to provide updates on the families and their children between the documentary waves.
- October 2006: Two initial episodes of Life at 1 screens on ABC TV.
- 2006: Life at 1 documentary is produced by Film Australia in conjunction with Heiress Films. The documentary draws on the experience of the Growing Up in Australia study.
- September 2005, April 2006: Wave 2 data collection commences in¬† September 2005 (first stage) and in April 2006 (second stage). Fieldwork conducted by Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- 2005: Wave 1.5 conducted (Nested study ‚ÄúThe Parental Leave in Australia Survey‚ÄĚ formed part of the questions in the B cohort questionnaire).
- May 2005: Both Wave 1 data and first Annual Report released.
- March 2004: Wave 1 data collection commences in August 2003 (first stage)
and in March 2004 (second stage). Fieldwork conducted by I-View.
- February 2004: Growing Up in Australia officially launched by The Hon. Kay Patterson, Minister for Family and Community Services at the Melbourne Museum.
- March-April 2003: Pilot test conducted