CATHOLIC EDUCATION OFFICE
DIOCESE OF SALE
1 FEB 2012
AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF FAMILY STUDIES
25 January, 2012
Professor Alan Hayes
Australlian Institute of Family Studies
Level 20, 485 La Trobe Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Dear Professor Hayes
Thank you for your emailed application dated 23 January, 2012 received from Monica Dickson in which you have requested permission for an extension to conduct research entitled "Growing Up in Australia: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children" in schools in the Diocese of Sale.
I am happy to grant the extension and for you to approach the school in this diocese. It is important that you understand that the final permission for you to undertake this work rests with the Principal.
This approval in principle is subject to the attached Research -Standard Conditions. Should you require further information please contact Mr Peter Ryan at this Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5622 6603.
With best wishes
DIRECTOR OF CATHOLIC EDUCATION
DICOESE OF SALE
Faith ... Learning ... Growth
6 Witton Street Warragul VIC 3820 - PO Box 322 Warragul 3820 - Phone: (03) 5622 6600 -Fax: (03) 5623 4258 - Email: director
RESEARCH - STANDARD CONDITIONS
This approval in principle is subject to certain standard conditions:
- The decision as to whether or not a project can proceed in a school rests with the school
principal. You will need to obtain approval directly from the principal of each school that
you wish to involve.
- You should provide the principal with an outline of your proposal and indicate what will be
asked of the school. A copy of this letter of approval should be included.
- If your study involves one-to-one contact with a child, you are required to provide the
principal with a certified copy of your registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching or
a current "Working with Children" check.
- You should provide to the Director of this Office, a list of schools which have agreed to
participate in the research project.
- Any substantive modifications to the research proposal or additional research involving
use of the data collected will require a further research approval submission to this Office.
- Data relating to individuals or schools is to remain confidential.
- The collection and use of information from schools must conform with the Privacy
- Since participating schools have an interest in the findings, you should discuss with
each principal ways in which the results of the study could be made available for the
benefit of the school community.
- At the conclusion of the study, a copy of the summary of the findings should be
forwarded to the Director of this Office.