- Attendance in primary school: factors and consequences
This report aims to understand attendance patterns in primary school and examines the effects of students¬í low attendance on their academic achievement (numeracy and reading).
- A safe and supportive family environment for children: key components and links to child outcomes
This report aims to understand more about the different types of family environments in society and to explore the influence of these environments on different child outcomes.
- Employment characteristics and transitions of mothers in the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children
This report explores mothers¬í participation in employment, their work hours, and other characteristics and how these change as their children grow.
- The tyrannies of distance and disadvantage: Factors related to children's development in regional and disadvantaged areas of Australia
This report investigates whether the gaps in children's development in regional areas compared to children in major cities is explained by their distance from major cities, or because many regional areas are disadvantaged compared to cities.
- Parental joblessness, financial disadvantage and the wellbeing of parents and children
This report analyses links between parental joblessness and working short part-time hours, and the wellbeing of families.
- Parental marital status and children's wellbeing
This report compares the wellbeing of children whose biological parents are married and those whose parents are cohabiting; it also looks at children in sole-mother families.
- New father figures and fathers who live elsewhere
This report investigates children¬ís experiences of having a ¬Ďnew father figure¬í moving into their home and of having a biological father who does not live with them.
- Fathering in Australia among couple families with young children
This report aims to increase understanding of the many ways in which fathers in couple families with young children contribute to family life, including the study of their time investment with children and their parenting behaviours and styles.