Data user guide
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What is LSAC?
- 3. Instruments
- 4. The LSAC data release
- 5. File structure
- 6. Variable naming conventions
- 7. Documentation
- 8. Data transformations
- 9. Confidentialisation
- 10. Data imputation
- 11. Survey methodology
- 12. Important issues for data analysis
- 13. User support and training
- Appendix: LSAC variable naming conventions
13. User support and training
User training sessions are offered by AIFS to further develop the information provided in the user manual and to allow users to interact with the LSAC Data Management team and benefit from their knowledge and experience with the data. These sessions consist of an introduction to LSAC and the newly released datasets including:
- study methodology
- introduction to the datasets
- issues for data analysts (e.g. weighting, clustering, confidentialisation)
- variable naming
- user resources (e.g. data dictionary, labelled questionnaires).
See the LSAC website for details on when training sessions are being offered.
If you have questions about the data files or variables, please submit your query via Dataverse. Click on the email icon button part-way down the Dataverse page on the right or the 'Support' option at the top right of the page.
An email alert list is used to convey key information and updates to users. Important information distributed via the email alert list is also stored in the data access area of the Growing Up in Australia website. This area contains:
- all reference material made available to users (in downloadable form)
- Excel data dictionary
- critical updates and alerts as distributed through the email alert list
- updates on data-user workshops.
There are several other ways to get more information about the LSAC Survey data:
- Go to the LSAC website - copies of all survey instruments and various discussion and technical papers can be viewed and downloaded. You will also find the order forms for the datasets along with a growing bibliography of research papers that use the LSAC Survey data.
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you have questions about the data files or variables, please submit your query via Dataverse. Click on the email icon button part-way down the Dataverse page on the right or the 'Support' option at the top right of the page.
- You can also send your queries directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the:
LSAC Data Manager
Australian Institute of Family Studies
HWT Tower, Level 4/40 City Road
Southbank VIC 3006
Tel: +61 3 9214 78888
Fax: + 61 3 9214 7839