Data Users workshop
This workshop is run by AIFS to assist data users, those considering becoming users, or those who are interested in learning more about LSAC data, to gain confidence in understanding and navigating the datasets.
The next workshop will take place online, 5 August 2021.
Date: Thursday 5 August 2021
Time: 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Cost: $255 incl. GST (full); $200 incl. GST (student)
Location: Online event: via Microsoft Teams
Please note: Tickets will be available for purchase until July 29, 2021
This workshop provides an excellent opportunity to learn from LSAC data team members who are directly involved in the LSAC study’s design, survey methodology, data management and linkages, and research using LSAC data.
The workshop has been specifically designed to help data users, those considering using the data, or those who are interested in learning more about LSAC data, to gain confidence in understanding and navigating the datasets.
As well as providing an opportunity to ask individual questions, the workshop will cover the following:
- Introducing the LSAC data;
- Sampling design and survey methodology;
- New content in Release 8 and 9C1 (including Coronavirus Restriction Period);
- Accessing LSAC data and explaining user resources;
- Hands-on exercises to explore the data content;
- Administrative data linkages in LSAC (Centrelink, Medicare, NAPLAN, Myschool);
- Data analysis issues (e.g. confidentialisation, weighting, clustering, cross-cohort comparisons etc.);
- The Child Health CheckPoint sub-study.
For separate invoice requests please contact AIFS directly.