Data Users workshop
The 2021 workshop was held on 5 August 2021.
Express your interest to attend the next data users workshop in 2022. We will contact you about the registration process 8-10 weeks before the workshop.
This workshop is run by AIFS to assist data users, those considering becoming users, or those who are interested in learning more about LSAC data, to gain confidence in understanding and navigating the datasets.
This workshop provides an excellent opportunity to learn from LSAC data team members who are directly involved in the LSAC study’s design, survey methodology, data management and linkages, and research using LSAC data.
The workshop has been specifically designed to help data users, those considering using the data, or those who are interested in learning more about LSAC data, to gain confidence in understanding and navigating the datasets.
As well as providing an opportunity to ask individual questions, the workshop will cover the following:
- Introducing the LSAC data;
- Sampling design and survey methodology;
- New content in Release 8 and 9C1 (including Coronavirus Restriction Period);
- Accessing LSAC data and explaining user resources;
- Hands-on exercises to explore the data content;
- Administrative data linkages in LSAC (Centrelink, Medicare, NAPLAN, Myschool);
- Data analysis issues (e.g. confidentialisation, weighting, clustering, cross-cohort comparisons etc.);
- The Child Health CheckPoint sub-study.