Workshops are run by AIFS to assist data users, those considering becoming users, or those who are interested in learning more about LSAC data, to gain confidence in understanding and navigating the datasets.
The next workshop will take place in Melbourne, 5 August 2021.
Date: Thursday 5 August 2021
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: $300 (full); $250 (student)
Venue: Australian Institute of Family Studies
Level 4, 40 City Road
Southbank, Victoria 3006
Please note: The number of places is limited, and our workshops fill quickly. If you would like to attend then please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.
If this workshop is over-subscribed, we’ll gladly add your name to the waitlist for a future session.
This workshop provides an excellent opportunity to learn from LSAC data team members who are directly involved in the LSAC study’s design, survey methodology, data management and linkages, and research using LSAC data.
The workshop has been specifically designed to help data users, those considering using the data, or those who are interested in learning more about LSAC data, to gain confidence in understanding and navigating the datasets.
As well as providing an opportunity to ask individual questions, the workshop will cover the following:
- Introducing the LSAC data;
- Sampling design and survey methodology;
- New content in Release 8 and 9C1 (including Coronavirus Restriction Period);
- Accessing LSAC data and explaining user resources;
- Hands-on exercises to explore the data content;
- Administrative data linkages in LSAC (Centrelink, Medicare, NAPLAN, Myschool);
- Data analysis issues (e.g. confidentialisation, weighting, clustering, cross-cohort comparisons etc.);
- The Child Health CheckPoint sub-study;
- Research highlights and a look at the impact LSAC is continuing to have.
If you would like to know more, or register to attend the workshop, please contact the AIFS LSAC data team who will book you in or add your name to our waiting list.